Created in 1923 by the Quebec car dealers association, which became the Corporation des concessionnaires d’automobiles de la régionale de Québec (CCARQ), the Quebec City Auto Show has experienced great success since its inception. Despite its growing popularity, the Auto Show had to interrupt its activities in 1939 due to World War II.
It took until 1981 for an auto show in Quebec City to be seen again. In 1985, after having bought back the rights for the event’s name, the Corporation des concessionnaires d’automobiles de la régionale de Québec (CCARQ) became the chief architect of the Quebec City Auto Show. From 1985 to 1997 inclusive, the Quebec City Auto Show was held at the Laval University’s PEPS, the Sports and Physical Education Pavilion. However, as soon as the construction of the Centre de foires de Québec was officially announced, the CAARQ settled its household at the Centre de foires, where is, since 1998, the Quebec City Auto Show.